Join our team
Bring your hospitality experience to idyllic Waiheke Island a place that has several times been voted one of the most beautiful spots in the world. The Oyster Inn is a much loved restaurant in the heart of Oneroa. This year the Oyster Inn was shortlisted as best destination restaurant in the Metro Magazine this year.
- We invest in our staff by offering excellent training and mentorship and you will enjoy the benefits of working within a collaborative and positive team.
- We like to go the extra mile for our guests and give them an experience they will remember. To achieve this we require our staff to have great attention to detail and be able to multitask under pressure. You will need to have a strong work ethic, positive energy and be a team player. We are seeking people that have a passion for the restaurant industry and we want people who strive to deliver the highest standards possible.
- With a flexible approach to working hours, you'll need to be open to working shifts, including weekends, nights and some public holidays. If you are traveling from the mainland we can assist with these expenses.
If any of the roles detailed below interest you and you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply and send us your CV with a covering letter stating which position you are applying for. To be selected for an interview you must have relevant experience in a similar role with a minimum 2 years experience.
- Preference will be given to NZ Resident class visa holders and citizens.
- All applicants must have a valid work visa and are required to be fully vaccinated.
As we prepare to open from lockdown with our peak season upon us we are hiring a Bar Manager who is passionate about cocktails and spirits and loves to create beautiful drinks. We know the right Bar Manager will bring positivity and passion not only to the bar, but also to our awesome restaurant team.
Deliver excellent and proper sequence of service to our guests
Order, manage and maintain stock as well
Have a comprehensive understanding of classic and craft cocktails, and be able to make a wide array of drinks consistently and efficiently
Have high standards of cleanliness and organisation in your work and uniform
Dedicate time into studying our cocktail, wine and food menus
Good knowledge of POS system
Be able to work swiftly and efficiently under pressure, while still assisting guests in a warm and professional manner
Prep fruit, garnish, cocktail batches and bespoke ingredients, and ensuring all stock is fresh and of high quality
Opening and closing the bar
Receiving stock deliveries and correctly storing deliveries